February 1, 2011

The Oscar Goes To...

Today is lazy day here: I planned to do a butt-load of laundry amongst other things but it seems I have done only the minimum amount of required work and have spent most of the day doing stuff online

Last week I woke up in the middle of a revolution in Egypt.  It reminded me a lot of how I felt when I slept in on 9/11/01: I woke up all groggy to people panicking and just assumed it was some kind of joke or that my friend was over-reacting to something.  I felt outta the loop.

In this case, because I have woken up a lot since then, the more I heard/read/watched, the more enraged I became at the stupidity of government. It never surprises me, never fails to.. well, fail.  But I am extremely happy for and proud of the people of Egypt and hope they serve as an example that change IS possible, no matter how impossible it may seem.

Sigh.  Anyway...

I had an awesome weekend with Brian and Drew: we played games, had yummy snacks, watched lots of Simpsons, and cleaned some messy bedrooms.  Lots of fun, still a little sore from piggy-back rides but I'll survive ;-) 

This is Drew's impression of the ridiculous viral video 'Sittin' On Da Toilet'  - She is too cute.

 

In other news, I've been pondering what might go on in people's heads when they choose to make things controversial, ultimately making their own lives difficult.  When you treat a person like garbage and THEY end up extending their forgiveness to YOU, you would think the person would at least take that opportunity to leave the past in the past.  Apparently this is not logical for some people.  I guess this person wants to feel awkward and uncomfortable... seems a shame really, but not my problem anymore.  If you're going to be hanging out where I am hanging out and interacting with my friends you are not going to be able to avoid me, sorry.

Such is life.

And life is absolutely grand! :-)


Love M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading <3