February 2, 2009

The Butterfly Effect

It's amazing how strongly my body reacts to what I'm feeling - a wonderful warning system indeed but an added nuisance, especially when I'm unable to resolve the negative emotion quickly.

Not to mention how fun this is when you're me and your emotions run a muck inside you, like crazed-mutant butterflies trapped and flinging themselves against me in a mad attempt to escape, unregulated, overwhelming, and inappropriate at times.

It's not that these weird butterflies are evil - it's just that they need structure, they need to check in with the wisdom that is my reasonable mind.

The more I love a person, the more crazy these butterflies become: they multiply, they grow fangs!

I'm learning to discipline them though, to let them come out of their cage only if they promise to play nice.

-Love Marylin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading <3