March 28, 2013

Hats


 It's an interesting thing to think about when you're just waking up in the morning, but "career" has been on my mind and when I think of a career, it always flabbergasts me - gets me all twisted and confused until I end up pushing the thoughts to the back of my mind, again.

As I've said before, I think of a career for myself as an extension of my passions and how they can be utilized to do something in the world - no matter how big or small.  It's not about money so much as purpose, creation, and healing: I want purpose, I want to create, and I want to heal.  And I know I can do all of those things... it's the specifics that screw me up though.

I've read about multi-potentiality and know I fit into that category, but it still leaves me unsure of where to go from here - what am I to focus on in order to actually fulfill my three goals rather than spend/waste the rest of my life trying to figure it out?

I did figure out one option, but it seems so big and complex that it takes away from it being about passion and turns it into more of a "job."  And jobs are for paying the bills.  I want to actually care about what I do.

I don't know how to reconcile wanting to be an artist, a writer, a natural health practitioner, a life coach, an art therapist, and goddess know what else.

But it occurs to me that maybe if I stop worrying about it so much and just focus on doing some of those things, it will somehow eventually come together.

I guess the issue is more about focus: I'm sure there are ways to accomplish that... I'd sure love to know what they are.  I'd love to know what other people like me are doing/have done.


<3 M

1 comment:

  1. Boy does this ever sound like me! I am 40 and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. As an ADHD person I have more hats than I know what to do with, and I can never seem to keep one hat on for a long enough time. Or I forget to put them on!

    Anyway, I think the most important thing, as you said, try not to pressure yourself to much to decide on one thing or another or set to rigid guidelines. It's important to be happy in whatever it is you do and I know that you will find a way to do just that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading <3