March 23, 2013

7 1/2 Months

Not blogging for that long might be a record for me, but I don't care to check that fact.  My goal is to break the pattern of isolation and reaffirm a commitment to sharing what's inside myself, for better or for worse. 

I've learned that not blogging is just another form of avoiding the world and avoiding complete honesty with myself and others.  I've disappeared from all forms of social media to the same end, and though I don't condone reliance on it, I do believe there is value in utilizing it in healthy doses.

But mainly I just need to share. Not hide.

I'd like to utilize this blog to help realize and express what I'm working on in my life - and that is a lot of stuff.  Whether anyone reads it or not is irrelevant, but hopefully it does serve to help someone aside from myself.

Some of the things I'm currently working on in my life that will show up in this blog - I'm brushing up on my life skills, mainly DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) but many others as well.  I'm going through the '12 Steps' (not as an alcoholic, but as a person affected by alcoholism in my life as well as similar difficulties).  I'm doing a lot of work on my relationship with my s.o. and on dealing with his ADHD.  I'm embarking on a scary journey of working through my social anxiety (I got tired of waiting for outside help damnit) through graded exposure.  I'm working on a healthy lifestyle with exercise and eating a nutritarian vegan diet.  I'm working on developing personal goals, and I'm working on my art and writing and seeing where I can take it.  And of course I'm working on many other things.

It's a lot - for me, anyway.

And I guess that's all I have to say for now.





<3 M
Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading <3