January 26, 2009

Bored Is The New Busy

I'm sitting here surrounded by candlelight, the girl who claims there are never enough hours in the day, and I'm bored to tears... bored. I don't know why. I have a million things I could be doing but for some reason I don't feel like doing any of them - I am bored. I am.

My head is all over the place today, maybe that has something to do with it - should meditate or something but, I'm too bored.

It was a freezing day, a hot earl gray vanilla tea day, a snuggle under the covers with George and read more 'Water For Elephants' day... and a day to light candles in hopes that will help warm the place up a bit more.

Hmmm, it's the winter thing: I hate winter! The moment I step outside, the cold creeps into my skin and burrows its way into my muscle and bone and I turn to stone. I can't move. I'm in pain! I'm miserable and to top it off, I can't breathe.

So I end up hibernating mostly, which I've come to somewhat enjoy, but god-damn it I want to go out! I want to take a walk... somewhere, anywhere, because I'm bored. And I find myself wishing for summer again and I don't want to do that - I don't want to always be waiting for something to make things better, but for god's sake, the season eats up at least half the damn year and as much as I love to live here, I'm so tempted to pack up and move to California or somewhere nice and sunny all the time.

A proper winter coat would likely help, though.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with Facebook these days. It's a great rolodex and has some great networking capabilities, but it IS like high school and even if I'm not the one participating in the retarded-ness, I am still somewhat effected... there are things I just don't need to see or be reminded of and facebook has a funny way of making that happen. Stupid facebook. Oh well, thicker skin.

P.S. Mark Ryden is good shit...



-Love Marylin.

1 comment:

  1. I love Mark Ryden! My b.f. gor me the Japanese, hard bound edition of his latest book for my birthday in November.

    Also, I hate winter. I am a mermaid. I need to swim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading <3