July 29, 2008

Hum Drum Dee Dum

I cut ma brotherrr in haaaaalf....

Well no, I only cut my thumb slicing into a bagel earlier today... not quite as bad, but....

What is the meaning of life, according to the gospel of Marylin: Love.

No, not being in love and all that stuff, I mean love in general: doing things you love, being with people you love, surrounding yourself with love, in whatever forms it comes.

May seem a bit idealistic to you, that's because it is. That's because although it is a simple concept, it seems utterly impossible - something always goes wrong in this crazy material world.

I'm not complaining, I'm a lucky girl, I have (according to me) a pretty good life. I'm happy for the most part, very lucky: I have a great shelter over my head with no stupid roommates, I have my sweet big daddy Georgey poo, I have some family, I have a few wonderful friends, I have more leisure time than most anyone could wish for, I've got ambition, talent, yadda yadda yadda yadda, you get the point, I'm grateful.

But I will quote from one of my own verses: 'I've seen heaven's angel face - when I came down, I was so cold - the difference was too much to take, the difference between hell and grace.'

Yeah, if you know what that means, than you know, you know.

There are certain types of love that just are. They didn't really grow and they can't really fade. It's like the love for a child, the love for a parent, the love for a friend, the love for a lover, the love for who a person is and all that comes with them, all wrapped up into one formless mess of love.

*sigh*

I don't really have a point (or perhaps I do but am holding onto it), just writing some thoughts is all.

I guess I do 'break just like a little girl'

Just remember, now is all we ever have.

On that note, I'll try to stop being so cryptic and dramatic for a bit here.

I'm pumping myself up for a big hair cut! I've always been timid about changing/cutting my hair but it's just GOT to happen. So I'm going for it and getting bangs, something I haven't had since I was eight years old - yep I got my hair cut from my butt to my shoulders and got bangs just before my first communion, oh I was a holy child! I wish I had a scanner so I could show you a pic! lol, me in my lovely white communion dress, hands held together is a pose of prayer... hahahahahaha! Oh my.

But anyway, so that's what's gonna happen to my head in the next week or two - I'll be sure to post the before and after.

I'm also on the hunt for shoes! I need to get shoes for my friend's wedding at the end of August. I love to shop, but I HATE shoppers. When I'm around people who are shopping, I want to commit violent acts and I normally wouldn't hurt a fly lol. Seriously, most people in a store are so rude, self-centered, pushy, etc. they are greedy with the need to shop shop shop, accumulate accumulate, spend spend spend! That's gross... just lemme browse at my leisure and get the fwuck out of my way you pre-fab morons!

Aaaaannyway... mmhmmm lol.

Yeah so I get to dress up real nice for my friend's wedding, which I never get to do so I'm excited about that. Not to mention excited about seeing my dear friend get married to a great guy :)

I'd personally prefer to go barefoot, but for her sake (and maybe for Don's sake too) I'll get some shoes :P I'm a good girl :)

Goin to a lan party this Saturday... my first lan party! Woohoo! Awww yeeeaaah. If you don't know what a lan party is, I'll leave you frustrated with curiousity for the time being... :P

Okay enough, this post is done.

-Love Marylin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading <3