November 17, 2011

So I'm Moving

Soon, too.  I haven't moved in at least five years, which is the longest I've gotten to stay put in my entire adult life.  I hate moving constantly, I am a home-body and like the stability of staying in one place and making it into a nice home to live.  So I'm glad I haven't moved, or had to move especially, in a long time.  I know I'm moving now, but the reason this doesn't suck is because it is a place in the same building I'm already in and my living arrangements are vastly improving, not the other way around.

But since it's been a while, I am feeling pretty overwhelmed with the actual process of moving, especially because a.)I don't have a lot of time to pack and move, and b.)I'm feeling like crap these days and in the state of mind that has trouble handling much stress as it is.  Cannot. process. this.  Seems simple, yet I'm having issues dealing.  Ugh, I'm tired.

I should be getting excited and planning out how I'm gonna set my new place up and all that good stuff - that is typical me, but I guess I've really gotten used to being here and am having some anxiety about having to set up a whole new home.  Where will I put shit? lol I know it's fucked up.

The difference between where I am now and where I will be:

This Place is a bachelor one bedroom.  I'm not even sure what that means, but it translates into a very small apartment with a small bedroom.  Totally grateful to have it.

The New Place is a normal one bedroom.  It is, to me, quite huge, and has one ginormous bedroom.  When I say 'ginormous bedroom' I am highly understating: this bedroom is the size of two large rooms.  It's fucking huge.  It's way too big to use as just a bedroom.  To me, a bedroom doesn't need to be big at all because it is for sleeping and doing sexy things and that's pretty much it, so you really just need a bed and night- table and maybe a little dresser or something.

This Place has a small bathroom with a shower, but not tub.

The New Place has a really big bathroom with a tub.  This is one of the biggest reasons I like this place - the tub.  I love baths so much, and often need them for pain reasons.  I've borrowed Jodie's tub and my mum's tub and Brian's tub, but it's still not the same as having your own tub to use any time, day or night, in lovely silence, with all your bath salts and what-nots... ahhhhh. 

This Place has a tiny, oddly shaped living room.  It is so small and weirdly arranged that I've never been able to make it work for much.  For about two years now, I've had my bed in there and it's pretty much all it's good for.  So I don't have a living room.  It sucks cause there's no where for company to sit or anything :-/ So I don't really have anyone over.

The New Place has a huge living room.  And it's arranged well too.  So that's awesomeness. But since I have no living room furniture, I'm not sure what I will do in there. It would be nice to be able to have people over.  Space = nice.

This Place has a coat closet and a linen closet sized closet with shelves in it.  So I've kept my clothing in the coat closet and I use the small closet for art supplies and paper stuff.

The New Place has a coat closet, a really big storage closet, and a normal bedroom closet.  I'm really going up in the world! :-p

This Place has a pretty good sized kitchen. 

The New Place has a small, galley style kitchen. I kinda like the new kitchen better because it's out of the way (hard to explain), you can't see the kitchen from anywhere in the apartment unless you go into it, it's kinda cute, and so much less space to create messiness :-p

So this place is sweet and I'm pretty stoked about it being my new home.  Just not sure what to do with it.  I have a few basic 'areas' that I need in my home so I have to figure out where these areas will be situated:  I need a bedroom, a living room, an office/studio, and hopefully a zen-type space.  I will probably put a curtain or something up in the huge bedroom to separate it into two areas, one will be the bedroom and the other will probably be the office/studio, though I'm not sure yet.

I kinda want to set the work area up in the living room but I also know that work can = mess and would rather not have that mess in the middle of the living room.  If I had it in the bedroom I could easily close the door on and make it 'disappear' lol.  But I think it would be kind of weird to have a peaceful, relaxing bedroom and a busy, cluttered work space so close to each other.  Will a curtain be enough to keep the spaces sufficiently separate? I'll know better once I actually get in there I guess.

I'm excited and overwhelmed... eeep! Just a few more weeks! Halp!


<3 M

Search & Win

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading <3