December 14, 2006

The Biggest Loser

214 pounds???? Holy shit!!! Now THAT is inspiring!

Things I like about the show:

  • The people are real people with REAL weight problems... these days people think a size 14 is fat, so this show definitely isn't like that.

  • They don't put the contestants on a 'diet' (aka low carb, low fat, high protein, cabbage soup everyday, etc.). They don't really emphasize food besides stressing a healthy, easy to maintain, long term way of eating -- it's not a diet if it's forever.

  • It's inspiring - it makes me feel like it's something I can achieve too.

  • Bob the trainer -- he's awesome! I wish he'd come train me!

  • The theme song -- inspiring as well.

Things I don't like about the show:

  • It's for Americans only. (I'm Canadian!)

  • Although they don't put them on a diet, which I like, I wish they would talk a bit more about what the contestants ARE eating, and why.

  • Although inspiring, for someone with alot of physical disabilities like myself (asthma, osteo-arthritis, fibromyalgia), the idea of the rigorous workouts they do is out of the question, which makes wanting to do the same thing a Pipe Dream

  • What's her face - the new trainer. She's no Bob.

  • The finale, when they come back and show their great new bodies -- it's awesome to see but for some people who are extremely obese, like Erik was, you have to wonder about the whole hanging skin thing that usually happens when people that big lose alot of weight. Their bodies look perfect, but did they go through any skin surgeries, etc. before the finale?

Weird fact about me: for some reason, whenever I watch 'The Biggest Loser' I have to be snacking on something... hmmm.

Anyway, here's footage of the Biggest Loser, Erik from New York, weighing in for the last time:

http://video.nbc.com/v/?linkId=50699&sender=mins_stuff@yahoo.ca&name=maryiln#


Stay healthy!


Love Marylin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading <3